Monday, February 14, 2011

Backlog of Sketches

I've done a lot of scanning today so I can post a bunch of sketches I haven't yet had the chance to.

This first group is a bunch of images I sketched while in Washington D.C. last fall. Most of them were sketched at the National Museum of Natural History:


Coyote (Canis latrans)...



 Asian Elephant (Elephas maximus) from the National Zoo...



Grizzly Bear (Ursus arctos horribilis)...



African Bush Elephant (Loxodonta africana)...



Hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius)


Bull Moose (Alces alces), and a quick Restoration of Dimetrodon grandis



Candid people sketching at a local D.C. Cafe...



And here are some misc. sketches I've also come across.


Life figure drawing from a long time ago:




Continued creature concepts from an independent passion project...



Dragon-like creature thing...



Cycloptic creature...



Vulture...



Frog...



Old-Man Blocky...



Hand Study...




Last summer I drew this because I randomly remembered the book, The Whingdingdilly, which I loved as a child. It inspired me to draw all sorts of strange chimeras when I was young...



My dog, Teddy, in his famous "Walrus" pose. He does this so much that we've started using walrus as a verb...


Furry Rhino-Monkey Creature. Don't ask...because I don't have an explanation. 



Experimenting with drawing different styles of "cartoony" people...




 More critters...a crocodylian and some sort of giant worm-thing...



Skeletal creature...not based on any specific animal...



Yet another creature design...


 Aliens of sorts...



A Lamenting Pig...


-Evan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment