And now for the last post of this little series. Monday we looked at misc. cartoons. Yesterday we looked at lots of creatures. And today we have various animals (ahem...mostly dinosaurs). Enough dilly-dallying...Here we go!
Let's start with some Mammals -
1. A Big Cat Study
2. A Capybara
3. A Hippo Squiggle
Now for the Dinos -
6. A Hadrosaur
8. A Puffin Squiggle
9. A Parakeet Skull
10. A Maniraptoran
13. A Sketch Page with various Birds
(A Gator snuck in...and that Creature on the bottom-right - not dinosaurs, I'm well aware. My most sincere apologies...)
14. And one of the most amazing dinosaurs of all, the Raven
And that's all the doodles I have for you as of now! Thanks for tuning in.
Today I'm continuing on with digitizing miscellaneous things from various sketchbooks. Yesterday was an assortment of random cartoony things. Today is all creatures that just came off the top of my head during the drawing process.
Speaking of which, I guess I'll briefly describe my typical doodling approach, as it's probably not the way others go about drawing things. 7 times out of 10, when drawing I don't have any idea what I'm drawing. I just start scribbling down shapes and forms and see what I can turn them into. It's a very free form improvised approach, and I find it's a great way to experiment with different styles. Often I try to surprise myself. If I figure out early on roughly what the sketch will turn out to be, I'll often times try to steer in another direction just to force myself to think of other possibilities. Sometimes this turns out terribly, and other times it creates some very interesting results. Sometimes I'll even be halfway through a character and then suddenly see a way to change it around into something different.
Enough blabbing. Here are 12 creature drawings for you:
1. Some sort of Reptilian Apex Predator with Insect-like Mouthparts
2. This little Lizard-Thing:
3. This Unexpected Duo
4. A Knuckle-Walking Camel Beast
5. A Terror-Bird-Like Creature
6. This (Yeah, I have no clue what it is either...)
7. An Oviraptor-Like Creature among other doodles
8. A Heavily-Armored Knuckle-Walker
9. A Griffin Bust
10. This Marsupial-like Critter
11. An Ant-Eating-Something-or-Other
12. A Mythical Feline
Tomorrow will be the last in this current series of sketchbook backlogs. The topic will be real animals (albeit some stylized ones. Oh, yeah...and a large majority of them are dinosaurs. So you've been warned).
I haven't digitized any of my doodles in a long time. Not having easy access to a scanner anymore makes this sort of thing happen less often. But I figured too much time has passed, and so I spent a good amount of time today photographing various sketches from 3 or 4 different sketchbooks and notepads. Some of these sketches are a few months old but some of them are from a year ago or longer. Just never got around to putting them up.
Enough prefacing, here are 25 random little things for you! They are in no particular order.
1. A Feisty Lobster
2. A Zombie Simian
3. Whatever this guy is:
4. A Creepy Cat and an Insect-in-a-Coat
5. A Crazy Dude
6. A Sloth in a Hat being attacked by a Robot
7. Earl the Walrus
8. Some sort of Raccoon-like Critter
9. THE LOBSTER-MAN
10. Another Sloth
11. Little Dudes having a Blast on a Cliff
12. Some Cartoony Muscular Dudes
13. This Guy:
14. A Boy and his Hadrosaur
15. This Alien Guy:
16. Curious Bignosington
17. A Happy Dino
18. A Gremlin Dude
19. A Scared Pooch
20. A Cocky Budgie
21. A Penguin
22. A Page from a notebook featuring an old dude, a mudskipper, and others
23. An Angry Critter
24. A Pigeon and a Salamander
25. A Horrendous Eight-Armed Cat Thing
That was just the first wave. The next wave is going to be all creatures. Stay Tuned!