Monday, July 9, 2012

My Bathroom Tiles are Watching Me - Part 1

Howdy Folks,

    Time to try out something new! We humans are incredibly good at recognizing patterns, and seeing ourselves in everything. I tend to see faces everywhere, from electrical outlets to cars and everything in-between. But this post isn't exactly about the psychology behind such things. It's about my bathroom. My bathroom is lined with these marble tiles, and every time I'm in there, I can't help but see shapes and patterns on them. My brain creates enough quirky characters when looking at these tiles, that I figured I might as well realize some of those things for you all.

So in order to get me to post more frequently, and to keep my character/creature design juices flowing, I've decided I am going to try to do a weekly post consisting of a bathroom tile, along with my brain's filter of it.

To kick this off, I chose one where I constantly see one of two things. Here's the tile:


Depending on how I choose to look at it, I either see some sort of demon bird thing, or a Corythosaurus - esque creature:




Yes I'm allowing myself more creative freedom than what's on the actual tile. I'm trying to snazz things up a little for you guys. Sheesh.

Do any of you guys see anything upon first look that I haven't covered here?

I'll try to keep doing this. I think it's the kind of bizarre random sketches this blog needs.

Enjoy,

  Evan


4 comments:

  1. Looks just like Canada to me, turned 90 degrees

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous! My bathrooms need to be retiled and I would love to do the honeycomb tile. I'll be curious to see how it all turns out. stack stone

    ReplyDelete